IAEE Southeastern Chapter hosts several events each year. For more specific information about registration, location, and event fees, please click on the individual event.
- Chapter Luncheons - IAEE SE hosts 5 chapter luncheons for its members and their guests during the course of the year. These meetings are held the 4th Thursday of February, April, June, October. The Annual Holiday Party is held the last Thursday in November or the 1st Thursday in December.
- Annual Southeastern Classic - The Annual Southeastern Classic...what a great chapter tradition! Please come join us! Education, networking and increasing the value you bring to your organization - a SE Classic tradition!
- Annual Jenny Melton Golf Tournament - IAEE Southeastern Chapter supports the Jenny Melton Foundation with an annual golf tournament. Click here for more information about the Jenny Melton Foundation.
- IAEE SE Past Events - For a list of past IAEE Southeastern Chapter events, click here.
2017 CEM Course - Event Marketing
REGISTRATION CLOSES JULY 21, 2017 at 5PM
Double Your Education - Come for the CEM and Join us for our
SE Classic Educational Conference
The IAEE Southeastern Chapter is excited to co-locate with IAEE, on the CEM course on Event Marketing during it's 2017 SE Classic Educational Conference, Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, Myrtle Beach, SC. We are also pleased to announce that Kimberly Hardcastle- Gedes, CEM will be the facilitator of this course.
As an added benefit, receive a $50 discount off of your Classic fees when registering for the CEM course.
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
CEM Course - Event
8:30am - 4:30pm
Wednesday, July 26 - Friday, July 28, 2017
Opening Reception begins at 6:00pm at the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel. Full schedule coming soon
Location for both events
Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel
2101 North Oak Street
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hotel rate: $159. To make your reservation, please call 888-627-8203 and mention IAEESE group name.
Discount hotel rate deadline is July 12, 2017.
April 6, 2017 ATLANTA AREA GLOBAL MEETINGS INDUSTRY DAY
APRIL 6, 2017
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES, WEDNESDAY, APRIL 5, 2017 AT 11:00 AM
The benefits of our industry often go unnoticed. Meetings play a critical role in developing personal connections, driving positive business outcomes and building strong communities. Every day we face professional challenges that effect our businesses, our meetings and events. Our panel of industry leaders will discuss the impact our industry has both globally and locally. Sharing their insights on the impact events have on the local community, giving attendees a greater understanding of the economic significance of their business, and through collaborative efforts, discuss ways we can deal with the challenges we currently face.
From this session, you will:
* Understand the impact that meeting, conference, convention, trade shows and exhibitions have on business and our local community.
* Find ways we can deal with the professional challenges we currently face in our industry
* Learn ways our collaborative efforts can result in positive business outcomes for our industry
Erica Qualls-Battey, General Manager Atlanta Marriott Marquis
Ron Olejko – Senior Director-Meeting Services, American College of Rheumatology Ann Godi – President & CEO, Benchmarc360, Inc.
Mark Zimmerman-New Business Development, Georgia World Congress Center
Moderator – Chris Colbert, Director of Trade Show Sales, Cobb Travel and Tourism
This program has been approved for 1.5 CEUs.
“The use of the CMP Preferred Provider Pre-Check logo is not an endorsement by the Convention Industry Council of the quality of the session. This logo means that this session has met the criteria to be pre-approved for CMP certification credit.”
April 27, 2017 Chapter Educational Luncheon
Five generations make up our society, Centennials(born 1996 and later); Millennials (born 1977 to 1995); Generation X (born 1965 to 1976); Baby Boomers (born 1946 to 1964) and Traditionalists(born 1945 and before). Each of these five generations has a unique ability to contribute to, and influence the future of the events and exhibitions industry. At the YP Spotlight Panel “Creating Connections”, we intend to break down the boxes we too often place ourselves in, and instead use what makes us different to connect us. We’ll explore the differences, similarities, trends employment; how we create, engage attendees and unify our teams; and reset our expectations on business & communication styles.
Moderator: Tyler Adams
Moderator/Student Liaison: Katie L. Branch, IAEE SE, GSU Student Chapter
Panel: Katherine Baize (Freeman); Maggie Ryan (onPeak | GES); Jeff Johnson (MesseFrankfurt)
If you have any questions you want to submit in advance, please do so here: http://bit.ly/2mVBMXz. Thanks in advance
June 22, 2017 Chapter Educational Luncheon
As a trade show organizer, it's critical that you have a complete understanding of what success looks like for your attendees and how you can help them achieve their goals. Hear what goes into a decision to attend a show, and how they select the right show for them. To help maximize your attendee engagement, our panel will seek to uncover what they need from a trade show.
Moderator: Sylvia Ratchford (Hinman Dental Society)
Panel: David Buchsbaum (Atlanta Closet), Anna McDevitt (Lab Tactical), Ryan McDevitt (Lab Tactical), Frank Skinner (Yard Envy)
2017 Jenny Melton Memorial Golf Tournament
Flyer & Registration Form coming soon.